With their 15 point advantage in the league table, Viking fans are hoping to see their team collect maximum points from this game against Aalesund.
Both teams have had enough rest since their last competitive action. Let's hope for an energetic game!
Viking form and stats
Overall Eliteserien stats at home this season for Viking are 3-2-3 (wins-draw-losses).
It's back home for Viking, who return with a good feeling about themselves after beating Kristiansund away with the result 5-3. Yildren Ibrahimaj, Veton Berisha (2) and Zymer Bytyqi (2) found the net in that victory. Ahead of that match, Viking won a home game hosting Molde (3-2).
As you can tell by the result above, the goals flowed freely in the previous game and the stadium rocked. Could there be another goal fest today?
Goals decide football matches and Viking are scoring many of them at home; 16 on target from 8 league matches. With more than 1,5 conceded goals on average, the Viking defense is not exactly impregnable. 14 goals conceded from 8 games. You can find more goal stats on the Statistics tab above.
Aalesund form and stats
The hunting on away grounds haven’t been very fruitful for Aalesund, who have the most conceded goals (48) in Eliteserien, so far with only 2 points returning home. The records show 0-2-6 (win-draw-lose). A depressing five defeats in a row for Aalesund in their away games. Unhappy days, as the last time they avoided a loss on the road was versus Vålerenga. With the Aalesund losing streak of four defeats in a row, regardless of arena, optimism is low and sinking.
Aalesund aren't clicking offensively as they have gone 258 league minutes without a goal. H. Fridjonsson was the last player to find the net.
Home advantage was not enough for Aalesund in their previous game, as they lost their Eliteserien-match, hosting Sarpsborg 08, 0-1. Preceding that game, the 0-1 loss visiting Start's place.
Scoring goals is the main ingredient in creating success in football, and not only at home. So far Aalesund have scored 9 goals in 8 league games away. The opposition has been scoring high and low on Aalesund's goalkeeper in away games this season, as they have let in 22 goals in 8 travels.
Head 2 HeadThe most recent history between these sides is the Aalesund - Viking 2-2 played earlier this season. Last ten meetings between the teams: Viking won three, Aalesund won three and four draws. seven games with over 2,5 goals, three matches with two goals or less.
Viking missing players
Aalesund missing players
|Total||Home||vs ||Statistics||Stat||vs ||Away||Total|
|100%||100%||100%||Over 0.5||O 0.5||100%||100%||100%|
|100%||100%||100%||Over 1.5||O 1.5||100%||75%||82%|
|71%||75%||33%||Over 2.5||O 2.5||100%||62%||76%|
|35%||38%||0%||Over 3.5||O 3.5||100%||62%||76%|
|29%||38%||0%||Over 4.5||O 4.5||100%||38%||35%|
|24%||25%||67%||Clean Sheets||C S||0%||0%||0%|
|18%||0%||0%||Failed to Score||F T||0%||38%||24%|
|6.5||5.8||6.3||Corners for (avg)||C F||2||3.2||4|
|5.1||5.1||5||Corners against (avg)||C A||6||7.2||5.1|
|1.2||0.9||1.3||Yellow cards (avg)||Y C||5||2.8||2.3|
|0||0||0||Red cards||R C||0||1||2|
|226||120||43||Total Shots||T S||11||73||193|
|76||43||16||Shots on Target||S O||7||25||59|
|38%||37%||38%||Goal Efficiency||G E||29%||36%||36%|
- Aalesund has the fewest clean sheets (0) in Eliteserien
- Aalesund has the most conceded goals (48) in Eliteserien
- Aalesund has the most conceded goals in the first half (24) in Eliteserien
- Aalesund has the most conceded goals in the second half (24) in Eliteserien
- Aalesund has the the worst goal difference (-27) in Eliteserien
- Aalesund have conceded at least twice as many corners as they have won away.
- Aalesund have conceded at least twice as many goals as they have scored.
- Aalesund have failed to keep a clean sheet in all their matches.
- Aalesund have won significantly less corners away then at home.
- Aalesund have yet to win a game away.
- Aalesund haven’t played a single 0-0 game.
- Aalesund is in the worst form (0-1-5)
- All of Viking's matches have had more than 1,5 goals.
- Viking have played more matches over 2,5 goals home than away.
- Viking have scored in all their home matches so far.
- Viking haven’t played a single 0-0 game.
|1||Bodø / Glimt||17||15||2||0||62||19||8||8||0||0||33||7||9||7||2||0||29||12||43||47|