The IFK Malmö & Varbergs GIF managers are both dreading and looking forward to this decisive game in the upper regions of the Division 2: Vastra Gotaland league table.
IFK Malmö and Varbergs GIF should both be in good shape for this meeting, as there's been enough days for both of them to train and rest since their last matches.
IFK Malmö form and stats
IFK Malmö, who have the fewest conceded goals (6) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland, have been very solid at home in the Division 2: Vastra Gotaland so far, with 15 points collected from 6 matches (5-0-1). This has contributed greatly to their 1st position in the table. After failing to beat Ängelholm here at Malmö Stadion, Malmö has put together a very nice winning streak on their own turf with four wins in a row.
Malmö manager N. Persson and his team return home after a 1-1 draw away versus Halmia (placed 11th) in the Division 2: Vastra Gotaland. Ahead of that match, Malmö won a home game hosting Olympic (2-0).
The home team are expected to win this game about three out of four times, according to the bookmaker odds. When checking the database for Malmö home games with this odds we find one game with a similar winning chance. Resulting in one win, zero draws and zero defeats. Looking at the victories, zero matches were won by at least two goals.
Malmö are an "over 2,5 goals" team alone here at Malmö Stadion in their league games, having scored an impressive 15 goals in 6 matches. As for guarding their own goal, Malmö have only let in 3 goals at home.
Varbergs GIF form and stats
There's been little loot from Varbergs GIF's travels as they have only collected 5 points from 6 away games in the Division 2: Vastra Gotaland. Varbergs GIF only have 1 win to counter their 3 defeats and 2 draws.
Prior to that result Varbergs won their away game at Rosengård. The scoreline was 2-1.
As you can tell from the result, the match against Olympic was as crazy as a clown in a village circus. Great fun for the neutral supporter with 6 goals, will the fun continue today?
We have done a similar check as we did with the hometeam, looking up recent matches where Varbergs played away with similar odds. This revealed three games. The visitors overcame the odds to win zero times, zero were draws and the home team won as expected three times.
The attacking power of Varbergs GIF when travelling is not overwhelming with 5 goals scored from 6 league matches away. The Varbergs manager has some worries about the defense as 14 goals have been conceded in these travels.
Head 2 HeadHead-2-head stats last two meetings: two - zero - zero (Malmö wins - draws - Varbergs GIF wins). As for goals, two matches ended with three or more goals (over 2,5), zero had two or less.
IFK Malmö missing players
Varbergs GIF missing players
|IFK Malmö||Varbergs GIF|
|Total||Home||vs ||Statistics||Stat||vs ||Away||Total|
|92%||100%||100%||Over 0.5||O 0.5||100%||83%||92%|
|75%||83%||100%||Over 1.5||O 1.5||100%||83%||92%|
|42%||50%||100%||Over 2.5||O 2.5||50%||67%||75%|
|8%||17%||0%||Over 3.5||O 3.5||50%||50%||58%|
|8%||17%||0%||Over 4.5||O 4.5||50%||33%||42%|
|67%||67%||0%||Clean Sheets||C S||0%||17%||8%|
|8%||0%||0%||Failed to Score||F T||50%||33%||17%|
|0||0||0||Corners for (avg)||C F||0||0||0|
|0||0||0||Corners against (avg)||C A||0||0||0|
|0.8||1.2||3||Yellow cards (avg)||Y C||2||2||1.6|
|0||0||0||Red cards||R C||0||0||1|
|60||37||4||Total Shots||T S||14||49||86|
|39||27||4||Shots on Target||S O||6||23||44|
|54%||52%||50%||Goal Efficiency||G E||17%||22%||43%|
- IFK Malmö has the fewest conceded goals (3) at home in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the fewest conceded goals (6) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the fewest conceded goals in the first half (0) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the most clean sheets (4) at home in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the most clean sheets (8) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the most matches under the total-line (8) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö has the the best goal difference (+17) in Division 2: Vastra Gotaland
- IFK Malmö have played more matches over 2,5 goals home than away.
- IFK Malmö have scored at least twice as many goals as they have conceded.
- IFK Malmö have scored at least twice as many goals at home as Varbergs GIF have scored away.
- IFK Malmö have scored in all their home matches so far.
- IFK Malmö haven’t played a single 0-0 game at home.
- IFK Malmö is in the best form (6-0-0)
- Varbergs GIF have conceded at least twice as many goals as they have scored away.