2nd position in the Primera Division table for Alajuelense so far, a good performance. The home supporters hope for more joy as 7th-placed San Carlos visits Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto.
These are busy days for the home team, as they were in action only four days ago in the Primera Division. That game was an away game at Cartaginés, so at least Alajuelense are thankful to return home in this one. Game on!
San Carlos play their home games on artifical turf, while this game is played on grass. Recent stats for San Carlos when playing on grass are 7 wins, 5 draws and 14 defeats from 26 matches. They have scored 34 goals and conceded 44 times in these games.
Alajuelense form and stats
Home games in the Primera Division have been a walk in the park for Alajuelense so far, with 20 points won from 8 matches; 6 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses. The Alajuelense fans aren't used to losing league-games here at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto and will expect new points from this game. Alajuelense has played 19 games in a row here without a defeat.
A strong away win for Alajuelense against Cartaginés the last match. Previous to that game, a home match hosting UCR in a game that was won 6-1.
Alajuelense are traveling soon after this match as the Primera Division match at Grecia awaits in three days.
Alajuelense are an "over 2,5 goals" team alone here at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto in their league games, having scored an impressive 22 goals in 8 matches. Alajuelense are not conceding a lot of goals here at Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto in the league, averaging less than one per game. The total is 6 from 8 matches.
San Carlos form and stats
As the visiting team in Primera Division matches, San Carlos, who have the most scored goals (19) away in Primera Division, have produced an overall stat of 3-1-4 so far.
Carlos played 2-2 against Guadalupe in their previous match. Preceding that game was the away victory against Pérez Zeledón with the score of 4-0.
Carlos have scored more than twice on average per away game (in the league), an impressive attacking display. They have 19 goals from 8 away matches. Carlos have conceded 19 goals in these games.
Head 2 HeadThe dueling parties have met before this season: San Carlos - Alajuelense 1-1. Last ten meetings between the teams: Alajuelense won three, San Carlos won three and four draws. four games with over 2,5 goals, six matches with two goals or less.
J. McDonald Porras
J. Moya Aguilar
Alajuelense missing players
San Carlos missing players
|Total||Home||vs ||Statistics||Stat||vs ||Away||Total|
|93%||90%||100%||Over 0.5||O 0.5||100%||100%||97%|
|79%||76%||83%||Over 1.5||O 1.5||100%||90%||82%|
|52%||57%||17%||Over 2.5||O 2.5||83%||70%||67%|
|36%||38%||17%||Over 3.5||O 3.5||83%||50%||51%|
|21%||29%||0%||Over 4.5||O 4.5||33%||25%||23%|
|36%||33%||33%||Clean Sheets||C S||17%||10%||15%|
|12%||10%||0%||Failed to Score||F T||0%||20%||15%|
|5.3||6||5.3||Corners for (avg)||C F||5.2||4.3||4.7|
|4.9||4.5||4.5||Corners against (avg)||C A||7||5.7||4.9|
|2.1||2.2||2||Yellow cards (avg)||Y C||2.8||3.1||2.7|
|8||4||4||Red cards||R C||0||4||7|
|456||275||76||Total Shots||T S||56||149||285|
|199||126||31||Shots on Target||S O||22||70||140|
|43%||37%||29%||Goal Efficiency||G E||55%||47%||49%|
- Alajuelense has the fewest conceded goals in the second half (15)
- Alajuelense has the fewest dropped points from leading position (8)
- Alajuelense has the most points (20) at home
- Alajuelense has the most points from losing position (20)
- Alajuelense has the most scored goals (33)
- Alajuelense has the most scored goals in the second half (51)
- Alajuelense has the the best goal difference (+16) at home
- Alajuelense has the the best goal difference (+17)
- Alajuelense have played more matches over 2,5 goals home than away.
- Alajuelense have scored at least twice as many goals as they have conceded.
- San Carlos has the fewest matches under the total-line (12)
- San Carlos has the most matches over the total-line (25)
- San Carlos has the most scored goals (19) away
- San Carlos have played more matches over 2,5 goals away than home.
- San Carlos haven’t played a single 0-0 game away.
|11||Santos de Guapiles||15||3||5||7||22||28||8||3||2||3||14||11||7||0||3||4||8||17||-6||14|